Manager – Tax and Business Services
Initially established as an accounting practice in 1971, we have continued to grow and expand our capabilities to provide our clients with direct access to a wide range of skills and expertise. Today, Knight provides 3 main service offerings – Accounting, Financial Advice and Self-Managed Super and employs over 60 staff.
Through the delivery of our services and advice from across our business, we help our clients to achieve their version of financial success and support and guide them through various stages of their life.
Our business is built on relationships and our relationship with our staff is a key focus area for us. We are committed to being an employer of choice and want our staff to feel engaged, challenged and motivated.
What we offer
We offer a broad range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home;
- Competitive salary;
- Supportive working environment where you will be assigned a people manager and buddy to assist you to transition into the role and support you with your ongoing career development;
- Study support and paid study leave;
- Social events that are inclusive of all staff and paid for by the firm;
- Career development opportunities;
- Regular training that focuses on technical, advisory, leadership and people skills.
- Externally facilitated leadership development program
- Wellness program which includes wellness talks, health checks, chair massages, community sports events;
- Free breakfast and healthy snacks;
- Regular morning teas;
- Interesting and challenging work that will develop your skills and provide you with job satisfaction;
- A multicultural diverse working environment; and
- Great office facilities including lounge area, balcony with BBQ and end of trip shower facility.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in tax and business services. They will be client focused, proactive and demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Proactively manages a client base and the annual compliance process including establishing and maintaining key relationships with clients
- Responsible for compliance and business advisory work for their client base;
- Tax and business advisory consulting;
- Manage workflow for self and staff who directly report to you;
- Manage and develop staff; and
- Manage and lead internal projects.
- 6+ years’ of public practice experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience;
- Completed CA or CPA; and
- Previous people management and client management experience.